Monthly Archives: February 2012
I tried to get Baby (our older cat) to take a Bacon ‘Stash picture for me. I attempted to sneak up on her while she was sleeping but she quickly awakened to the delicious aroma of bacon and pounced right on it. So, yes the Bacon ‘Stash photo shoot was a fail this time but the pictures are still amusing. The photos are a bit blurry but as I explained this cat was a fiend for bacon. I almost lost some fingers.
I personally think I failed at my attempt to create bacon roses. I tried to make them in my own way and ended up just getting frustrated. Instead of posting an official ‘recipe’ write up on MY RECIPE page, I decided I am just going to run through my experience. When I get better at it I will post a recipe for it.
Some beginning tips to know:
* Thick cut bacon seems to work best.
* Don’t use foil to shape – it’s impossible to remove after cooking.
* Make sure you have time and patience.
* Understand that you will have ‘rejects’ that will be for snacking.
Ideas with bacon roses:
* Purchase fake roses, pluck off the flowers. Use the remaining bouquet to place your bacon roses on.
* Create a ‘Bed of Roses Garden Breakfast”.
* Make chocolate covered bacon roses, encrusted with chopped nuts.
* Make candied bacon roses.
* Use the bacon roses and finger treats – you could fill them with chocolate instead of covering them (or both).
I didn’t have the outcome I wished for when making the bacon roses. It did give me lots of ideas though. Now I have a better idea of what I am working with. If anyone has a good tip or have pictures to share, feel free to comment here or on the facebook page!