Bacon Rose Experience
I personally think I failed at my attempt to create bacon roses. I tried to make them in my own way and ended up just getting frustrated. Instead of posting an official ‘recipe’ write up on MY RECIPE page, I decided I am just going to run through my experience. When I get better at it I will post a recipe for it.
Some beginning tips to know:
* Thick cut bacon seems to work best.
* Don’t use foil to shape – it’s impossible to remove after cooking.
* Make sure you have time and patience.
* Understand that you will have ‘rejects’ that will be for snacking.
Ideas with bacon roses:
* Purchase fake roses, pluck off the flowers. Use the remaining bouquet to place your bacon roses on.
* Create a ‘Bed of Roses Garden Breakfast”.
* Make chocolate covered bacon roses, encrusted with chopped nuts.
* Make candied bacon roses.
* Use the bacon roses and finger treats – you could fill them with chocolate instead of covering them (or both).
I didn’t have the outcome I wished for when making the bacon roses. It did give me lots of ideas though. Now I have a better idea of what I am working with. If anyone has a good tip or have pictures to share, feel free to comment here or on the facebook page!