* 2 large eggs
* 1 stick of softened butter
* applesauce (or oil)
* 1 package of bacon + brown sugar = candied bacon, diced
* shredded coconut
PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350.
* Mix both your brownie and cocolate chip cookie mixes in separate bowls. Follow directions on back of boxes.
* Add half of you candied bacon into your cookie mix (or your brownie mix if you choose).
NOTE: I use applesauce as a substitute for oil.
NOTE: I chose a small muffin pan for bite size desserts. Grease pan if needed.
* Fill each cup half way with brownie mix.
* Add cookie mix to the top of each cup.
* Now top off each cup with candied bacon and shredded coconut.
* Cook for 15 minutes. Than cool and enjoy!
NOTES ON THE RECIPE:
* You have many opportunities to make adjustments to this recipe. You can chose to use any flavor of bacon, different brownie or cookie mixes, or add ingredients.
* You can bake as single serve desserts like I did or cook in one big sheet.
* Goes great with ice cream or by itself.
* A great addition might be to sprinkle a small amount of Baconery Bacon Salt on top for a bit of “salt” with “sweet”.
* I am open to any suggestions or ideas on how to improve this recipe.
Bacon fiends are always finding new ways to incorporate bacon into their meals. Heck, that’s why I started this blog! But sometimes we just don’t have the time. Or maybe we just want a hint of that flavor. Either it be for that convenience, laziness, or perfection…. bacon salt was created. Two big names in the bacon lover community has their take on the delicious seasoning and I have decided to compare them for you. Below I have simply broken down comparisons between each company’s version(s), but you’ll have to be the judge of what you think is the best! I’ll reveal my choice at the bottom of the post.
I love the fact that it’s simple. Salt. Bacon. Pepper. What I would be looking for in a Bacon Salt is exactly what they offer. I want real bacon and I want it to add flavor to my food in a subtle way. I’m definitely going to be adding some posts and pictures in the near future of some fun I will be having with my Baconery Bacon Salt.