Whiskey Bacon Jam/Spread, By: Jimmy
Whiskey Bacon Jam/Spread
Recipe By: Jimmy
* 1 head garlic
* 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
* 1 lb Bacon (Thick or Thin)
* 2/3 cup water
* 1 cup pineapple juice
* 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
* 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
* 1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
* 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
* 3 Tablespoons minced white onion
* 2 1/2 Tablespoons Whiskey
* 1 Tablespoon crushed pineapple
* Roast the garlic – cut, oil, foil and put in oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
* Cook bacon until crispy, drain, cool, and crumble into small pieces.
* After roasted, squeeze garlic out and mash into paste.
* Combine water, pineapple juice, Teriyaki, Soy Sauce, brown sugar, and bring to a boil.
* Simmer mixture, add 2 teaspoons of the garlic, add remaining ingredients and continue to simmer for 40 to 50 minutes – until reduced by 1/2 or until it’s thicker and a little syrupy. (Note: It will thicken more as it cools.)
* Add bacon crumbles, cool, and transfer to a container.
* Use at room temp or warm if too thick.
* Keep left over sauce refrigerated.