Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers, By: Jimmy
Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Recipe By: Jimmy
NOTE: You will need a smoker for this method, although this could be done in the oven at 225 degrees for about 2 hours.*
* 15 – 20 Jalapeno Peppers
* 8 oz Cream Cheese
* 8 oz Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Mexican, ect..)
* 1 lb Thin Cut Bacon
* Let cream cheese get to room temp.
* Cut stems off jalapenos, then cut lengthways (to make “boats”). Remove the seeds and ribs.
* Combine cream cheese and shredded cheese in a bowl.
Put small portion of the cheese mixture in each jalapeno (fill it, but not too much).
* Wrap each jalapeno with a slice of bacon – end to end first, then bend bacon 90 degrees and “spiral back down” the jalapeno, securing with a toothpick.
* Put on smoker at 225 degrees for about 2 hours.