Bacon Jalapeno Corn Bread, By: Charlie
* 2 Eggs
* 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
* 1 Cup Water
* 1/2 Cup Buttermilk (or Milk)
* 2 Cups Corn Meal
* 2 Tsp Baking Powder
* 1 Tsp Salt
* 1 Tablespoon Sugar (Optional)
* 4-5 Strips of Bacon – Cooked and Minced
* 2-3 Jalapeños – Seeds removed and Diced
* 1/8 Cup Green Onion – Diced
* Preheat oven to 450F.
* Place greased cast iron skillet, or baking pan in to heat.
* Beat eggs in mixing bowl. Add remaining liquids and mix. Then dry ingredients. Fold in bacon, jalapeños and green onions.
* Pour batter into hot pan
* Bake for 20-25 minutes.
For the Cheddar version I omitted the jalapeños and green onions and covered the top with shredded cheddar for the last 5 minutes.