I got the idea from a pin on Pinterest called Pancakes and Bacon Breakfast Shot, by Jeffrey Jacoby.
* shot of Bourbon Whiskey of your choice
* pancake syrup
* shot of orange juice
* piece of cooked bacon
* Give your shot of Bourbon Whiskey a splash of pancake syrup
* Take your shot of Bourbon Whiskey
* Follow up immediately with your shot of orange juice
* Now eat your bacon!
* And GOOD Morning!
(NOTE: As many other bloggers do, I must state this is not an actual recommendation for breakfast. Even though, we did include it for a morning pleasure on Bacon Day 2014.)
OTHER VERSIONS TO TRY:
* Also, in place of your plain Bourbon Whiskey, infuse it with bacon first. You can follow the same directions we did for own home-made Bacon Infused Vodka.
* You can also try adding something to your liquor shot to change the “breakfast flavor”. In addition to (or in place of) your pancake syrup, try adding the following for more of a “breakfast experience”:
Here’s a quick run through of how it goes (our video from Bacon Day 2014):
NOTES ON THE RECIPE:
* You have many opportunities to make adjustments to this recipe. You can chose to use any flavor of bacon, different liquors, or even different juice.
* I am open to any suggestions or ideas on how to improve this recipe.
Posted on September 2, 2014, in Cooking with Bacon and tagged bacon booze, bacon infused, bacon shots, Bakon, Breakfast, breakfast booze, breakfast drink, Drinks, recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.