Hickory Sweet Bacon Glaze
* 1 cup bacon grease
* shot of Bakon Vodka
* 6 cups of powdered sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup orange juice
*** SIDE NOTE: I would recommend to have extra powdered sugar, brown sugar, and orange juice on hand in case you want to adjust the consistency or flavor.
* Mix your sugars together first.
* Now add your bacon grease, a splash of orange juice, and your shot of Bakon Vodka.
* As you mix your ingredients together, you will begin to see the consistency and know if you need to add any more of your ingredients.
*** SIDE NOTE: This recipe is not meant to become thick as an icing, but you may be able to make adjustments.
NOTES ON THE RECIPE:
* You have many opportunities to make adjustments to this recipe. You can chose to use any flavor of bacon for your bacon grease, different type liquor, or even different juice.
* This recipe can taste strong when tasted on it’s own. Try with a sweet bread or cupcake. I used it on my “Pumpkin and Bacon Cakes“.
* I’m also hoping to try this glaze on oven-baked chicken breast or baked ham. I think the hickory/sweet flavor would be great as a glaze for dinner.
* I am open to any suggestions or ideas on how to improve this recipe.