Inside-Out BLT’s, By: Stephen
* 3 slices of bacon
* ⅓ cup chopped Spinach
* ⅓ cup coarse soft bread crumbs
* 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 2 medium Roma tomatoes
* Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels and chop into chunks.
2. In a medium bowl, combine bacon, spinach, crumbs, cheese and olive oil. Mix well and set aside. Halve roma tomatoes lengthwise. Scoop out insides leaving a ¼ inch shell. Sprinkle black pepper on each tomato half. Brush with some of the mayonnaise. Mound the bacon mixture into tomatoes; transfer to baking pan.
3. Roast tomatoes, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until tomatoes start to wilt.
Makes 2 servings, but can be multiplied easily.