No-Grill S’mores with Chocolate and Peanut Butter-Covered Bacon
* 2-4 strips of fully cooked bacon for each smore
* semi sweet chocolate chips; Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips, melted as directed on bag
* graham crackers
* Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme
* wax paper lined or non-stick baking sheet
* Time to cover your bacon with that yummy chocolate.
* Spread your bacon strips out onto a baking sheet that is non-stick or lined with wax paper.
* NOTE: Best to cook your bacon in the oven or drain well. Too much grease on your bacon will not hold chocolate.
* NOTE: Bacon should be fully cooled. Chocolate will not hold onto bacon strips and firm up if bacon is still warm.
* This step is pretty easy. Spread your melted chocolate/peanut butter chips onto one side of each strip of bacon. And let set.
*NOTE: This is where you want to add any sprinkles or chopped nuts to the chocolate/peanut putter surface as it sets*
* After it has set, flip each strip carefully and repeat the last step.
* After your bacon strips have set, it’s time to build your creation (It’s quite simple):
NOTES ON THE RECIPE:
* It’s best to use crispy bacon but not burnt.
* If you want to make this into a grilling experience, simply make your bacon on the grill, use marshmallows cooked over a flame, and maybe even toast your graham crackers lightly on the grill. But you would need to add chocolate separately.
* This was my first attempt at this recipe and I am open to any suggestions or ideas on how to improve it.
Posted on June 28, 2013, in Cooking with Bacon and tagged bacon smores, Chocolate Covered Bacon, Dessert, Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallow Creme, no grill summer recipe, recipes, Reese's bacon strips. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.