Bacon Wrapped Twinkies
* I’m very aware this could no way an original idea, but I hope you enjoy!*
*** NOTE: This recipe is best if done over a charcoal grill.
* Box of Twinkies (the more the better!)
* Bacon (enough to have one slice for each Twinkie)
Simple. Wrapped one slice of bacon around a Twinkie. The end of the bacon strip should place back onto itself and preferably end on the underside of the Twinkie.
Place Bacon Wrapped Twinkie on the grill, underside down first. Once the bottom has time to crisp up, you can use a pair of tongs to flip to each side until the bacon is fully cooked.
Set aside to cool for at least 2-3 minutes and enjoy! Be careful because the inside may still be hot.
NOTES ON THE RECIPE:
* You have many opportunities to make adjustments to this recipe. You can chose to use any flavor of bacon or different type of snack cake.
* I think it’s best to avoid using thick cut bacon with this recipe. If you were to use thick cut, the bacon my not cook completely before pretty much just burning the Twinkie. Also, it may not stick to itself as easily during wrapping.
* Having the bacon strip end at the underside of the Twinkie and the placing the Twickie on the grill underside down first will help seal and secure the bacon strip on the Twinkie for flipping.
* I am open to any suggestions or ideas on how to improve this recipe.