Bacon Sweet Rolls
* 8-roll pkg orange sweet rolls (Great Value and Pillsbury are good)
* 8 slices of thick cut bacon
*Preheat the oven as directed on the sweet rolls. Butter a baking sheet, set aside.
Prep. Partially cook 8 slices of thick cut bacon on the stove top, slowly. You want to keep the bacon straight and not fully cook. Set your bacon aside to drain.
Break out the sweet rolls. Unroll each about the length of one bacon strip, giving at least 1/4 of an inch extra. Place a bacon strip on top of the unraveled sweet roll, leaving that 1/4 inch exposed at the tip. Roll the sweet roll back up, sealing it by pressing that 1/4 inch of dough to the sweet roll itself.
Place each sweet roll on the buttered baking sheet and place in the oven for the time listed on the directions of the sweet roll wrapper. Mine was 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
When your sweet rolls come out of the oven, make sure to apply the icing while the sweet rolls are still hot – this will melt the icing over the roll perfectly by just doing a quick zig-zag.
Let cool and enjoy!
NOTES ON THE RECIPE:
* You have many opportunities to make adjustments to this recipe. You can chose to use any flavor of bacon or even a different type of sweet roll/cinnamon roll.
* Thick cut bacon is best for this recipe because you want to be sure to taste the bacon in the sweet roll.
* This was my first attempt at this recipe and I am open to any suggestions or ideas on how to improve it.