Bacon Peach Pie
This recipe is by my
boyfriend fiancé husband, Ric!
* pre-made graham cracker pie crust pan
* 1 can of peach pie filling
* 8-10 thick slices bacon
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Pour you peach pie filling into your graham cracker pie. Smooth out evenly.
Make a lattice topping with your bacon. Trimming may be needed. Make sure not to make it too tight. You want the pie filling to bubbles up through the weave.
Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
Place in oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on how crispy you want to top.
Pull from oven, let cool and enjoy! We enjoyed it with Cool Whip.
NOTES ON THE RECIPE:
* You have many opportunities to make adjustments to this recipe. You can chose to use any flavor of bacon, different type of crust, or a different fruit filling.
* There was some grease from the bacon on the top of the pie after cooking. It was not too much and we actually found it to add flavor to each slice. Of course, if you wanted to, you could probably prevent this by cooking the bacon half way before placing it on the pie.
* I am open to any suggestions or ideas on how to improve this recipe.